Workbook and Leader’s Guide
Are you interested in hosting A Sanctuary for Conversation in your church? Email OpenDialogueResources@gmail.com to purchase leader’s guides and participants’ workbooks.
|Leader’s Guide||$19.95 each|
|Workbook||1–9 copies: $6.00 each||10+ copies: $3.95 each|
|Facilitator’s Expenses||$400 honorarium plus travel and lodging|
Watch this video to learn how to lead A Sanctuary for Conversation.
Use these bulletin inserts and posters to advertise the workshop. Download here.
This list can also be used to promote the workshop:
Seven reasons to attend the workshop A Sanctuary for Conversation
- “The Adventist Church is to educate its members about sexuality and purity within the context of grace” (North American Division Statement on Human Sexuality, November 2, 2015).
- Address such practical concerns as, “By engaging in this conversation, am I supporting behavior I don’t agree with?”
- “LGBT+ youth are four times more likely to attempt suicide than their straight peers” (The Trevor Project).
- “This is a safe space. You can be yourself here. Everyone’s voice is valued.”
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to change the world” (Anne Frank).
- “God expects all of His followers, LGBT+ and heterosexuals alike, to ‘grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’” (2 Peter 3:18).
- “I have grown because of the time I spent listening to the presentations, discussions, and panel. As a result of this workshop, I have taken away an understanding of how to become a better minister to all” (participant).
(All seven are found in A Sanctuary for Conversation.)
Copy and customize the following text to put in your bulletins:
You are invited to join [church] for “A Sanctuary for Conversation: Listening, Loving, and Learning” on [date and time]. This workshop promotes open dialogue with LGBT+ Adventists and provides a model for listening deeply and speaking thoughtfully in local churches. It honors the Adventist Church’s current position while showing how we can engage in conversations that lead to clarity, hope, and healing. The facilitator will be [name and credentials]. Childcare and refreshments will be provided. RSVP at [link].
Copy and customize the following text to use on Facebook and other social media:
[Church] is hosting a great workshop, “A Sanctuary for Conversation,” that promotes open dialogue with LGBT+ Adventists and provides a model for listening deeply and speaking thoughtfully in local churches. This workshop honors the Adventist Church’s current position while showing how we can engage in conversations that lead to clarity, hope, and healing. The facilitator will be [name and credentials]. Refreshments and childcare will be provided. RSVP at [link].
Print these name tags on 2.25″× 3.5″ Avery labels and hand them out at your event. Download here.
On Identity Handout
This document is offered as a guide to facilitate open dialogue about gender and sexual identity. Download here.